Tuesday 19 October 2010

Vespa Heaven




Sticking on a scooter theme, I visited my good friend Marco in Livorno this June when I was over in Italy. I met him while I lived in Livorno, and he was always very friendly and helpful with advice on my '52 Vespa. He has now bought somewhere just to work on and stored his Vespa collection, and it's fantastic - like a mini museum. His Vespa pin-up posters and calendars are particularly, ahem, alluring. Marco works early mornings, then spends his afternoons pottering in his shop/museum, with froends and fellow Vespisti dropping in now and again to talk or look at old parts. What a nice life...

2 comments:

Pete Stansfield said...

Saw the title and top photo and thought is there such a thing ? then to photo 3 oh yes there certainly is !

ITALIAN MOTOR magazine said...

Yes Pete, you're right there, I mean who could want more than blue skies, fresh grapes off the vine and a nice Chianti-red Vespa?