Thursday 3 March 2011

More shed shame



This is my old shed which was conveniently a few minutes down the road from where I live. It was basically the end of a long cow shed, and I had just moved house so it was chaos. I think that was the first time in 20 years I didn't have a working motorcycle on the road. I didn't stay there long - didn't feel safe and the farmer (read millionaire) who I paid my rent to was odd and dishonest, but that's another story.

In the first pic there's my 750 S3 unceremoniously squashed in a corner, with my Yamaha XT600 Tenere that I last rode when I was in Italy about 6 years ago! Next to that a T3 Cali that had gearbox issues, and in the foreground a loop frame V7 700 that I had for a few months. In the second shot that's a Guzzi Stornello Scrambler 125 on the right (used to ride that round London for a while), next to a 1950 Gilera 150 that I restored in Italy years ago but have never ridden. At the end is my Le Mans 2 Special - not one of these bikes was working, though the T3 Cali now does sterling service, at least it did up until about October, since when it's been sitting outside my house. It's simply been too cold here for me, but now it's time to charge the battery and get riding. I've become a fair weather rider, something I reckoned I'd never be...I'm also a skinflint so happy to say I didn't pay more than a grand for any of the bikes pictured, a couple were even free (maybe that's why they don't go?).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have some free space in Portugal in case you need... ;-)